Despite shin splints and an annoying hip injury that just won't go away, I decided no to let these get me down on the warmest and sunniest day of the year so far. So, after 65 minutes and 29km of riding my road bike... I didn't get a single twinge in my hurting areas! Quality! So now I know I can do at least something to keep my fitness going while the injuries heal.
That said, I did nearly lose all of the teeth in my head from the vibrations the terrible roads around here kindly provided. The bigger roads are okay, but it's more like cyclo-cross on the smaller country roads. And I'm on an aluminium bike, I shudder to think what it's like if you're on a carbon fibre steed.
So, I can add biking to the swimming, conditioning and core stability work I'll have to do while the legs heal. Fingers crossed the weight gain won't be too much in the meantime. Although the wedding tomorrow could well be a feast.
Think positive, team.
Saturday, 21 February 2009
Two legs bad... Two wheels marvelous
Labels:
conditioning,
core strength,
cycling,
injury,
swimming,
weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment